[R-meta] weight in rmv metafor

Norman DAURELLE norm@n@d@ure||e @end|ng |rom @grop@r|@tech@|r
Thu Jun 11 14:12:36 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I read this discussion and one question came to my mind : I also had some studies that contributed multiple effect sizes in the meta-analysis that I recently ran thanks to Dr Viechtbauer's advice.
For now I only used the rma function, but should I have used rma.mv because of these stuides that had multiple effect sizes ?

Thank you !

Norman

De: "James Pustejovsky" <jepusto using gmail.com>
�: "Wolfgang Viechtbauer" <wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl>
Cc: "r-sig-meta-analysis" <r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org>, "Huang Wu" <huang.wu using wmich.edu>
Envoy�: Mercredi 10 Juin 2020 05:08:09
Objet: Re: [R-meta] weight in rmv metafor

Hi Huang,

I've written up some notes that add a bit of further intuition to the
discussion that Wolfgang provided. The main case that I focus on is a model
that is just a meta-analysis (i.e., no predictors) and that includes random
effects to capture both between-study and within-study heterogeneity. I
also say a little bit about meta-regression models with only study-level
predictors.

https://www.jepusto.com/weighting-in-multivariate-meta-analysis/

Best,
James