[R-meta] Coupled Forest Plot

James Meyer EBMvet @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Tue Jul 21 23:49:12 CEST 2020

I am trying to produce a coupled forest plot of sensitivity and specificity (generated by metaprop) for a diagnostic test.  I produce one plot for each sensitivity and specificity and then couple by study.   Using the following code I still get a small white space between the two plots.   What is the best way to eliminate a vertical space between two plots?

> grid.grabExpr(
 forest(sensA,leftlabs = c("Study","TP","n1"),rightlabs=c("Sensitivity","95%CI"),xlim=c(0,1),sortvar=sensitivity, col.square="black",
        comb.fixed=FALSE,comb.random=FALSE,overall=FALSE,xlab="Sensitivity"),

  height = 0.5, width = 3
) -> fp1

grid.grabExpr(
  forest(
   specA,studlab=FALSE,leftlabs=c("TN","n2"),leftcols=c("event","n"),sortvar = sensitivity,col.square="black",
      rightlabs=c("Specificity","95%CI"),
    xlim=c(min=0,max=1),
    comb.fixed=FALSE,comb.random=FALSE,overall=FALSE,xlab="Specificity"),

   height = 0.5, width = 3
) -> fp2
grid.arrange(fp1, fp2, ncol = 2, vp=viewport(width=1, height=1))

thank you
James Meyer