[R-meta] potential shortcomings of combining meta-analysis

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 11 16:20:33 CET 2020

Hi Diego,

The log response ratio is a scale-free metric, so linear transformations of
the units of measurement will not change the value of lnRR. From what you
have described, it seems that u1 is a linear transformation of u2 (u1 = 100
* u2), and so in principle lnRR measures calculated from measurements on
either scale should be directly comparable.

James