[R-meta] Meta-analysis with only p.values and N?

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Sat Dec 5 12:21:48 CET 2020

Dear Raquel

If you have the means or the difference in means as well then you can
back-calculate what you need but if not I am afraid I can see no way
forward although other smarter list readers may be able to help.

Michael

On 04/12/2020 18:45, Raquel Cumeras Olmeda wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are trying to do a meta-analysis of metabolomics data.
> In metabolomics, we study the changes of the concentrations of compounds in biofluids.
>
> So, for the data I am trying to analyze I have the p.value of the relevant compounds and the N of the patients and controls.
>
> We tried to do a forest plot, but we don't know how to do it with only the p.value and the N.
>
> Any help would be more than welcome!
>
> Raquel Cumeras

> Raquel Cumeras, Ph.D.
> Marie Curie Postdoctoral Research Fellow
> - Institut d'Investigaci� Sanit�ria Pere Virgili (IISPV, ES). Metabolomics Platform<http://metabolomicsplatform.com/>.
> - University of California Davis (UC Davis, USA). Fiehn lab.
> - Affiliated to Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV, ES) and CIBERDEM (ISCIII, ES).
>
> website: https://raquelcumeras.wordpress.com/
> e_mail: raquel.cumeras using iispv.cat<mailto:raquel.cumeras using iispv.cat> // rcumeras using ucdavis.edu<mailto:rcumeras using ucdavis.edu> // raquel.cumeras using urv.cat<mailto:raquel.cumeras using urv.cat>
> ORCiD: 0000-0003-4663-4247
> Pronouns: she/her
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael