[R-meta] Performing a multilevel meta-analysis

Thu Aug 6 14:29:48 CEST 2020

Dear Tzlil,

Unless you have good reasons to do so, do not use custom weights. rma.mv() uses weights and the default ones are usually fine.

weights(res, type="rowsum") will only (currently) work in the 'devel' version of metafor, which you can install as described here:

https://wviechtb.github.io/metafor/#installation

I can't really comment on the second question, because answering this would require knowing all details of what is being computed/reported.

As for the last question ("is there a straightforward way in metafor to specify the analysis with Chi-square values"): No, chi-square values are test statistics, not an effect size / outcome measure, so they cannot be used for a meta-analysis (at least not with metafor).