[R-meta] R-sig-meta-analysis Digest, Vol 35, Issue 11

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 23 14:02:52 CEST 2020

Hi Tarun,

Here is a tutorial paper on RVE in R:

Tanner-Smith, E. E., Tipton, E., & Polanin, J. R. (2016). Handling complex
meta-analytic data structures using robust variance estimates: A tutorial
in R. *Journal of Developmental and Life-Course Criminology*, *2*(1),
85-112.

The small-sample adjustments that Wolfgang mentioned are implemented in the
robumeta and clubSandwich packages. The methods implemented in these
packages are described here:

Tipton, E., & Pustejovsky, J. E. (2015). Small-sample adjustments for tests
of moderators and model fit using robust variance estimation in
meta-regression. *Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics*, *40*(6),
604-634. https://www.jepusto.com/publication/rve-for-meta-regression/

The clubSandwich method also has a vignette demonstrating its syntax for
use with meta-analysis/meta-regression models:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/clubSandwich/vignettes/meta-analysis-with-CRVE.html

Kind Regards,
James