[R-meta] Dear Wolfgang

Tue Apr 14 22:43:51 CEST 2020

Yes, if the effect size measure is the same, one can make such a comparison. Also, there should not be any overlap in the studies included in the two meta-analyses (as otherwise the two estimates are not independent, as assumed by the test). And yes, you don't need sample sizes or tau^2 values or anything else - just the two estimates and their corresponding standard errors. And it doesn't depend on what random effects structure was used in the two meta-analyses -- assuming that the structures used in the two meta-analyses were appropriate for the studies at hand.