[R-meta] Obtaining study-level effect size and sampling variance through robust variance models

Mon Mar 11 10:00:55 CET 2019

Dear Mutlu,

I just simulated some data to illustrate the plotting. There was no particular reason I used a uniform for simulating the sampling variances. As for the outcomes, the standard models assume that the sampling distributions are normal, so that is why I simulated 'yi' from a normal distribution.

From: Mutlu Umaroglu [mailto:mutlu.umaroglu using hacettepe.edu.tr]
Sent: Monday, 11 March, 2019 8:28
To: Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP); r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R-meta] Obtaining study-level effect size and sampling variance through robust variance models

Dear Viechtbauer and all,

In this scenarios, vi follows uniform distribution and yi follows normal
distribution. vi~U(.01,1) and yi~N(0,vi+.5=T^2).

Why vi follows uniform distribution? Is uniform distribution more robust
than others?

Other words, what is the recommended distribution (and value) of Yi and
Vi in a typical simulation scenario for meta analysis? And Why?

10-03-2019 14:01, Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) yazmış: