[R-meta] r-sig-meta-analysis: metafor with

Guillem Chust gchu@t @end|ng |rom @zt|@e@
Fri Mar 1 12:22:56 CET 2019

Dear Dr Viechtbauer,

I would like to apply metafor for conducting a meta-analysis in the following case, but I'm not sure wether this is correct or not.

We have compiled studies on the correlation r between an index of water quality and anthropogenic pressures (see some examples below).

The water quality index is always the same, but the pressure has been measured using different proxies: e.g ammonium, Cadmium, oxygen,...

Can in this case apply a metanalysis? Or the metanalysis should be applied only with studies conducted with the same two variable pairs?

Study  N  r  correlation_with

Mulik et al. (2017)  12 0.69  ammonium

Carvalho et al. (2006)  24 0.78  As

Santiba�ez et al (2018) 27 0.86  Ba

Borja et al. (2006)  120   0.45  Cd

Borja et al. (2006)  120   0.47  Cr

Carvalho et al. (2006)  24 0.83  Cr

Spagnolo et al. (2014)  12 0.605 Cr

Borja et al. (2006)  120   0.29  Cu

Sincerely,

Guillem Chust, PhD
AZTI - Marine Research Division
Txatxarramendi ugartea z/g; 48395 Sukarrieta (SPAIN)
Tel: (+34) 667174396
www.azti.es