[R-meta] Transformation of meta-regression coefficients to ORs

dirk@richter m@iii@g oii upd@u@ibe@ch dirk@richter m@iii@g oii upd@u@ibe@ch
Sat Jun 29 16:51:32 CEST 2019

Dear mailing list members

A reviewer of a paper I have authored has requested to transform the beta
estimates of a meta-regression result into odds ratios. The analysis was
conducted with the metafor rma.mv function. Although I understand the point
of this suggestion, I have looked into several textbooks and review articles
and have not found anything in this regard.
Before I start searching for a code to do this, I would like to kindly ask
for opinions on this issue. And if it is reasonable to do so I would be
grateful to see a coding example.

Many thanks in advance,
Dirk Richter

UNIVERSITÄRE PSYCHIATRISCHE DIENSTE BERN (UPD) AG
ZENTRUM PSYCHIATRISCHE REHABILITATION

Dirk Richter, Dr. phil. habil.
Leiter Forschung und Entwicklung
Murtenstrasse 46
CH-3008 Bern
Tel. +41 31 632 4707
Mobil + 41 76 717 5220
E-Mail: dirk.richter using upd.unibe.ch

Bern University Hospital for Mental Health
Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
Dirk Richter, Dr. phil., PhD
Head of Research and Development
Murtenstrasse 46