[R-meta] Parameter redundancy

Magnus Magnusson M@gnu@@M@gnu@@on @end|ng |rom @|u@@e
Sat Jun 15 20:19:02 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I am using the metafor package (rma.mv) and is currently evaluating publication bias for a multilevel model by using the Eggers regression test.

I saw in a post answered by the package author, Wolfgang Viechtbauer, at the cross validated forum that for some measures you have to be aware of potential parameter redundancy (between the measure and the variance of the measure) when using the test.

I wonder (1) which measures this refers to and (2) how severe this problem likely is for the judging the outcome of a pub-bias test.

Best wishes,
Magnus Magnusson, postdoc at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences based in Umeå

Magnus Magnusson
Post doc position at
Department of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies
SE-901 83 Umeå
Sweden
phone: +46(0)90-7868587
e-post: magnus.magnusson using slu.se