[R-meta] Metafor Fixed Effects giving I2- why?

Aman Dheri @dher024 @end|ng |rom uott@w@@c@
Mon Jul 29 19:10:35 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am doing a fixed effects meta-analysis in Metafor and I see that it returns a non-zero I^2 value when tau^2 is always zero. According to Metafor documentation the fixed effects model in rma.uni should be 0 because of its calculation from the tau^2. Does any one know why this is happening, and if it is changing the weighting during the meta-analysis vs if the I^2 was 0?

I assumed my code wasn’t needed for the answer to this but please let me know if I’m wrong!

Thank you!
Arthur