[R-meta] How to do a graph with all variables and interactions

Thu Jul 18 13:16:44 CEST 2019

I am catching up on some old posts here. Not sure if this is still relevant.

Hi Rafael,

Still not sure what you are trying to do here. There are only 4 possible combinations of the two factors here, so I don't understand what you mean when you say that you want to plot all variables and their interactions. Certainly, you cannot fit a model that includes all of these main effects and interactions, since that would be completely overparameterized. You could fit various models where you change the reference levels, but then you are providing redundant information. Again, there are only 4 parameters in this model to obtain a fully saturated fixed effects structure.

From: Rafael Rios [mailto:biorafaelrm using gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 20 May, 2019 18:37
To: Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP)
Cc: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: Re: How to do a graph with all variables and interactions

Dear Wolfgang,

Thanks for the answers. I want to plot the mean and confidence intervals of all variables and their interactions in the same graph. In the example, they are var1A, var1B, var2C, var2D, var1A:var2C, var1A:var2D, var1B:var2C, and var1B:var2D. To obtain coefficients and confidence intervals, do I need to run a model for each variable and to the interaction? Will the values be different when compared with the full model? I tried to use different combinations but the estimates changed depending on the model. The advices on tests to investigate outleirs were very helpful! Thank you.

Best wishes,

Rafael.

Dr. Rafael Rios Moura
scientia amabilis

Behavioral Ecologist, D.Sc.
Postdoctoral Researcher
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7911-4734
Currículo Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4264357546465157
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rafael_Rios_Moura2