[R-meta] Error: Ratio of largest to smallest sampling variance extremely large

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 14 22:45:49 CET 2019

Florencia,

I think the issue might have more to do with your data than with the
estimation procedures. Could you try running one or all of the following
lines:

summary(mdata.all$var.es)
plot(density(mdata.all$var.es)
bottom_n(mdata.all, 5, var.es)

This will provide a five-number summary of the sampling variances of your
effect size estimates. If you have some that are very very small, this will
cause the error you seem to have encountered. It might be worth checking
the summary statistics for the effect sizes with very small variances, to
see if there are data entry errors, or reporting errors in the primary
sources.

James