[R-meta] A question regarding the 'metafor package' : Standardized regression coefficients as outcome measures

Lior Abramson out|ook_D58ECB53B43804F0 @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Wed Dec 11 17:11:29 CET 2019

Dear list members,

I am conducting a meta-analysis on the heritability of a trait as manifested in twin studies. Specifically, in twin studies, it is possible to derive the standardized regression coefficient of genes on a given trait (the genetic component is a latent variable that could not be directly observed). Thus, my outcome measure is a standardized regression coefficient. More specifically, it is a partial standardized regression coefficient since, in all the studies, there are exactly three variables that can affect the trait (genes, shared environment, and non-shared environment).

My question is: Is it possible to use partial standardized regression coefficient as an outcome measure in the 'metafor' package? If so, how can I do it? Is it reasonable to treat it like a correlation in terms of the syntax (i.e., to write measure="ZCOR" / measure ="COR")?

Thank you very much for your time and help,
Lior