[R-meta] metafor: standardized mean change using raw score standardization

Spyridon Siafis @pyr|don@@|@||@ @end|ng |rom tum@de
Wed Aug 7 11:18:19 CEST 2019

Hello to all,

I would like to calculate standardized mean change with raw score standardization ("SMCR") using the escalc().
Therefore: sd1i=pre-test standard deviation, m1i=  mean change score or post-test mean and m2i=0 or pre-test mean, respectively.

As far as I understood, the arguments sd2i and ri are not needed for the calculations, but they are required in escalc.
Could I use sd2i=0 and ri=0? Do they influence the calculations?

Thank you very much in advance!

All the best,
Spyros Siafis