[R-meta] Meta-analysis within a school district

Mao Jacobson m@o@j@cob@on @end|ng |rom @pp@@org
Wed Apr 10 16:15:33 CEST 2019

I’m using meta-analysis to examine the impact of programs on meeting district goals (e.g., high school graduation, college enrollment, etc.). I will have dependent effect sizes because students can participate in multiple programs. This is the first time I’m using meta-analysis. I have two questions:

  1.  How do I get a forest plot with the RVE summary effect size using metafor and clubSandwich?
  2.  I’m using schools as the cluster variable, but I’m not quite sure how to code programs that operate in multiple schools. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?

Your help is appreciated! Thanks so much!

Mao Jacobson, Ph.D.
Program Evaluator
Department of Research, Evaluation and Assessment
Saint Paul Public Schools
360 Colborne Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102