[R-meta] Pairwise comparisons between the factor levels and compact letter display (cld)

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wolfg@ng@viechtb@uer @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Thu Sep 13 09:54:00 CEST 2018

Thanks for posting this.

From: Jan Kardela (PGR) [mailto:J.H.Kardela2 using newcastle.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 14:07
To: Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP); r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: RE: [R-meta] Pairwise comparisons between the factor levels and compact letter display (cld)

Dear Wolfgang,
I apologize for the late reply but I was away for few weeks.
Please find below the working code. The function cld.summary.glht.modified is the modified original cld function that takes as an argument list (ret) with: vector of effect sizes, sample names, contrast matrix and p-values.
This list is then passed to the main cld algorithm: insert_absorb.
Obviously, the original cld package offers additional functionality such as plotting those letters on the box plot (plot.cld) but this requires some additional fiddling with the code.
Thank you again for the help and for providing this great metafor package!
Regards,
Jan