[R-meta] Comparing effect sizes in multivariate meta analysis

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Oct 31 03:15:58 CET 2018

To add to Wolfgang's suggestions, it's also possible to test for
differences between positive and negative symptoms using robust variance
estimation. The advantage of doing so is that the hypothesis
test/confidence interval is not predicated on having accurately imputed the
within-study correlations between effect size estimates. Example code below.

James

library(clubSandwich)

# Separate intercepts model
MultiMeta <- rma.mv(yi = yi, V = Vlist, mods = ~factor(posneg)-1, random =
~factor(posneg)|studyid, struct = "UN", data = mydata_multi)
Wald_test(MultiMeta, constraints = matrix(c(-1,1), 1), vcov = "CR2")

# With reference level
MultMeta <- rma.mv(yi = yi, V = Vlist, mods = ~factor(posneg), random =
~factor(posneg)|studyid, struct = "UN", data = mydata_multi)
coef_test(MultMeta, vcov = "CR2")
conf_int(MultMeta, vcov = "CR2")