[R-meta] Questions about Omnibus tests

Rafael Rios bior@f@elrm @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Oct 25 17:00:38 CEST 2018

Dear Wolfgang and All,

I am conducting a meta-analysis to evaluate the effects of mate choice on
the outcome. My dataset and script follow on attach. I found conflicting
results with the omnibus test. The QM-test had a non-significant p-value,
while z-test shows a significant p-value for the intercerpt (corresponding
to the treatment of female choice). When I undertook pairwise comparisons,
I also found differences among treatments consistent with the z-test
results. You can also observe these differences in the graph. What exactly
is each test (QM and z) evaluating? Why is QM-test reporting a p-value
higher than 0.05, even when there is differences in pairwise comparisons? I
also found a negative value for I². Is there any problem with the model to
report such result? My questions are organized inside the script. Any help
will be welcome.

Best wishes,

Rafael.

Dr. Rafael Rios Moura
*scientia amabilis*

Behavioral Ecologist, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil

Currículo Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4264357546465157
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7911-4734
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rafael_Rios_Moura2