[R-meta] How to set the sampling variance when the Effect Size is Fisher-Zr?

FANG JUNYAN f@ngjy12 @ending from outlook@com
Thu Oct 25 12:36:18 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I want to do a simulation study about how the Meta-regression performs when two moderators included.

The equation is yi<-0+xi*b1+xj*b2+e.
yi refers to the outcome variable(ES), 0 is the intercept, b1 and b2 are moderators, xi and xj are regression coefficients, e is the sampling variance.

Since most empirical meta-analysis study take Pearson Correlation as Effect Size, I want to take Fisher-Zr as the yi. While most of the simulation studies I read took SMD or OR as the outcome variable,  I was wondering how to generate the e when the ES was Fisher-Zr.

Best,
Fang