[R-meta] Forest Plot

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) wolfg@ng@viechtb@uer @ending from m@@@trichtuniver@ity@nl
Thu Oct 11 11:28:50 CEST 2018

Hi Christine,

Increase the height of the plotting device (argument height in function pdf() -- see help(pdf)). And then play around with the settings for 'cex' and possibly 'xlim' in forest(). If you run the forest() command like this:

sav <- forest(...)
sav

then you can see what the defaults are. The default settings may not be appropriate for forest plots witht this many effects.

From: R-sig-meta-analysis [mailto:r-sig-meta-analysis-bounces using r-project.org] On Behalf Of Christine Emmer
Sent: Thursday, 11 October, 2018 11:00
To: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org
Subject: [R-meta] Forest Plot

ATTACHMENT(S) REMOVED: forest0.pdf

Hello,

I am currently working on my master’s thesis, a meta-analysis in social science. I included over 300 effect sizes, which I want to display by a forest plot.
Unfortunately, the plot is because of the high number of effect sizes not clearly arranged (see attached picture).
Maybe there is a simple solution?

Many thanks and best regards, Christine