[R-meta] variance of predicted effect sizes

Crean, Hugh hugh_cre@n @ending from URMC@Roche@ter@edu
Sun Nov 11 23:22:27 CET 2018

Hello,

Colleagues and myself are working on a meta-analysis of sleep interventions.  Many of the studies are only single arm pre-post studies and we are following the advice of Becker (1988) and Morris and DeShon (2002) to impute missing control group effect sizes.  We are planning on using meta regression to compute predicted effect sizes for those studies missing control information.  However, I cannot quite figure how to compute and/or get the standard error for this estimate.  Would one run a simple meta- analysis on the predicted scores for those with the data and use the provided se (and variance)?

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

Hugh F. Crean, Ph.D.
School of Nursing