[R-meta] SMD from three-level nested design (raw data available)

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Nov 5 04:48:48 CET 2018

Fabian,

Your calculations make sense to me for a two-level model (participants
nested within groups), but you've described a three-level model. What
happened to the other level (repeated measures, nested within
participants)? If you have a positive variance component estimate for it,
then I think it would make sense to include it in the denominator of the
effect size. If X is the estimated variance of the repeated measures nested
within participant, then take

d = 6.95 / sqrt(X + 143.64 + 217.17)

James