[R-meta] residual error term in rma.mv

Kelly, Clint Dale kelly@clint @ending from uq@m@c@
Thu May 31 17:17:43 CEST 2018

Thanks to both of you for your helpful replies.
Clint

On May 31, 2018, at 2:47 AM, Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) <wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl<mailto:wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl>> wrote:

Hi Clint,

This may also be useful:

http://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:rma.uni_vs_rma.mv

And this part:

http://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/analyses:konstantopoulos2011#a_common_mistake_in_the_three-level_model

Finally, the 'struct="UN"' is irrelevant in your rma.mv() call. The 'struct' argument only plays a role when specifying random effects of the form '~ var1 | var2'.

From: R-sig-meta-analysis [mailto:r-sig-meta-analysis-bounces using r-project.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Noble
Sent: Thursday, 31 May, 2018 0:57
To: Kelly, Clint Dale
Cc: r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org<mailto:r-sig-meta-analysis using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-meta] residual error term in rma.mv

Hi Clint,

You could estimate this by including an observation-level random effect
(~1|obs) after adding an observation-level identifier to each row in your
data frame (i.e., 1:nrow(data).

Cheers,
Dan

–––
Dr. Daniel Noble | ARC DECRA Fellow
Level 5 West, Biological Sciences Building (E26)
Ecology & Evolution Research Centre (E&ERC)
School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES)
*The University of New South Wales*
Sydney, NSW 2052
AUSTRALIA

T : +61 430 290 053
E : daniel.noble using unsw.edu.au<mailto:daniel.noble using unsw.edu.au> <daniel.noble using mq.edu.au<mailto:daniel.noble using mq.edu.au>>
W: www.nobledan.com<http://www.nobledan.com/>
Github: https://github.com/daniel1noble

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:44 AM, Kelly, Clint Dale <kelly.clint using uqam.ca<mailto:kelly.clint using uqam.ca>>