[R-meta] How to conduct a meta-analysis on multiple-treatment studies with a repeated measure designs?

Koenraad van Meerbeek koenr@@d@v@nmeerbeek @ending from bio@@@u@dk
Tue May 15 20:37:15 CEST 2018

Hi,

The data is just a simplified version of the actual dataset. I included it to show the structure of the data. We also thought of only using the last sampling year, but then you´ll lose a lot of information. So I was looking for a way to include all data. So if I only have to include it in the random structure of the model, as you suggest, then I don´t see any further problems.

Thanks a lot!

Koenraad

From: Gabriele Midolo <gabriele.midolo at gmail.com>
Sent: dinsdag 15 mei 2018 18:42
To: Koenraad van Meerbeek <koenraad.vanmeerbeek at bios.au.dk>; r-sig-meta-analysis at r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R-meta] How to conduct a meta-analysis on multiple-treatment studies with a repeated measure designs?

Hi Koenraad,
I've put r-sig-meta-analysis back in the discussion too.
Data are fine to me but I don't see the number of replicates and sd values, so I can't calculate the variance-covariance matrix myself. However, assuming you have these values, you should be able to easly calculate it with the code I've sent you?
Note that I still think it could be worthy to account for replication due to different years as I wrote in the previous email (with random effect accounting for different year levels nested within each study). Something I saw quite often in ecological meta-analysis is to drop all "previous" observation from experiments and compare treatment and control of the last year only for each experiment reported by the study to avoid replication, but this can lead to important loss of information, I think. Of course, this also depend on the context of your study?
Maybe some of the other people will have better inputs on this.
With my best,
Gabriele