[R-meta] Aggregating results from multiple reg. models in metafor

Carla Gomez Creutzberg cgomezcre @ending from gm@il@com
Fri May 11 01:06:36 CEST 2018

Hi everyone,

I am trying to synthesize coefficients from regressions where the predictor
is a factor instead of a continuous variable (i.e. ANOVAs and ANCOVAs). The
coefficients discussed in this thread are form the *r* family but mine are
from the *d* family since they measure group differences.  I was wondering
if anybody had any experience with d-type partial correlation coefficients?

So far, the only guidance I have found comes from this paper by Keef &
Roberts:

Keef S & Roberts LA, 2004. The meta-analysis of partial effect sizes. *British
Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology*, 57: 97 – 129.
However I have not been able to adapt their methods to my case since I am
not clear on: how I can deal with studies that do not use the same
variables, the calculation of the sampling variance of the partial d-type
correlation coefficient and using a random rather than a fixed effects
model to summarize coefficients across studies .

Thanks!

*Carla Gómez Creutzberg*
PhD. Candidate - Tylianakis Lab
<http://www.tylianakislab.org/the-group.html>
University of Canterbury - *Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha*
Christchurch, New Zealand <http://www.tylianakislab.org/the-group.html>
cgomezcre at gmail.com