[R-meta] Meta-regression or simple GLMM

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Sat Mar 24 14:56:15 CET 2018

rma.glmm() is for binomial and Poisson data, not mean proportions, so it cannot be used for this type of data.

But as far as I understand your data, you have estimates (mean proportions) and corresponding standard errors (you wrote 'standard deviations', so if you have the SD of the individual proportions within a study, then just divide the SD by the sample size and you have the SE of the mean proportion). You can just analyze these data with rma(), that is,

rma(meanprop, sei=se, data=dat)

where meanprop is the mean proportion and se the corresponding standard error.