[R-meta] Log transformation

Gerta Ruecker Ruecker at imbi.uni-freiburg.de
Sat Mar 17 13:08:41 CET 2018

I cannot think of any interpretation at all. Values of standardized mean difference (SMD) can be on the whole real scale, with zero in the middle. To which aim should they be log-transformed? The log can be applied only to positive numbers. What if the SMD would have been negative? Do the authors give any motivation?

Best, Gerta