[R-meta] Cannot fit model: rma.glmm with zero events

Jonathan C. Lau jlau287 at uwo.ca
Sat Mar 3 16:36:16 CET 2018

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the very clear explanation.

I've integrated your suggestions into my script. For forest plot
visualization, everything remains the same except for the addpoly() call to
the zero event subgroup:

pt <- prop.test(0, 304)
addpoly(x=pt$estimate, ci.lb=pt$conf.int[1], ci.ub=pt$conf.int[2],
cex=0.75, mlab="FE Model for Subgroup (Zero Events)", digits=3)

rather than my typical RE Model addpoly line:
addpoly(res_IG_Y_modern_N, cex=0.75, transf=transf.ilogit, mlab="RE Model
for Subgroup", digits=3)

-jon