[R-meta] Fwd: SV: Re:: Question: Metafor R package - rma and rma.mv function

Simona Frederiksen @imon@@frederik@en @ending from hotm@il@com
Wed Jul 25 22:44:59 CEST 2018

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your fast reply. It is very appreciated. I should have changed it to plain text now.

Maybe I’am not quite aware of how this is computed. The model that I am fitting is it as follows: yi = mean + uj[i] + ei for the i’th comparison and the j’th study when using the rma.mv function? And how is the weights applied to it or calculated?

I tried to use the profile.rma.mv() function and I got one maxima. Can I then assume that it is converged?

Best wishes,

Simona