[R-meta] Changing the reference group within a study

Steven Bradburn Steven@Br@dburn @ending from mmu@@c@uk
Wed Jul 25 16:24:14 CEST 2018

Dear All,

Basically, I was wondering how to change the effect size of an adjusted model from a study to reflect a different reference group within that study. For example, the study has 4 groups with the following relative risks and 95% CIs :

1. RR 0.81 (0.69 - 0.96)

2. RR 0.88 (0.76 - 1.03)

3. RR 0.80 (0.80 - 1.08)

4. Reference

The other studies included within my meta-analysis have defined group 1 as the reference, instead of group 4 used here. How can I go about changing the RRs so that group 1 is the reference group within this study? Or is that not even possible?

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,


"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "

More information about the R-sig-meta-analysis mailing list