[R-meta] Jitter points in the contour-enhanced funnel plot

Angeline Tsui @ngelinet@ui @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jul 23 17:56:10 CEST 2018

Dear Guido,

Thank you very much for your reply and the sample R script. I think it
helps.

Best,
Angeline

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 4:38 AM, Guido Schwarzer <sc using imbi.uni-freiburg.de>
wrote:

> Dear Angeline,
>
> The easiest way is to (1) copy the meta-analysis object and (2) jitter the
> points in the new meta-analysis object.
>
> Please find attached examples for R packages meta and metafor. Note, as
> metafor saves the variances (list element vi) and the funnel plot shows
> standard errors, you have to jitter the standard errors not variances. In
> meta, standard errors (list element seTE) are directly available.
>
> Best wishes,
> Guido
>
> --
> Dr. Guido Schwarzer
> Institute of Medical Biometry and Statistics,
> Faculty of Medicine and Medical Center - University of Freiburg
>
> Postal address: Stefan-Meier-Str. 26, D-79104 Freiburg
>
> Phone: +49/761/203-6668
> Mail: sc using imbi.uni-freiburg.de
> Homepage: http://www.imbi.uni-freiburg.de

Best Regards,