[R-meta] Post-hoc weighted analysis based on number of observations

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Wed Jan 24 23:56:00 CET 2018

Dear Cesar,

Let me try to understand the essence of your question/issue and abstract it a bit from the specifics of your data. So, if I understand things correctly, you have data from various places on Earth. Let's pretend those places are on a 2d surface, so something like this (where * indicates a place where you have data):

You have fitted a model that relates an outcome to some predictor variables based on the data for these places. Now you actually have the values of the predictor variables for *all* places on that surface and you have computed the corresponding predicted values. But there are locations for which there were no data to begin with (e.g., upper right and lower left) and hence you want the SEs of the predicted values to reflect this lack of information in those areas and you are wondering how to do that. Does that capture the essence of your question?