[R-meta] Meta-analysis of ANOVA interaction effects

Iain Hamlin iain.hamlin at strath.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 14:35:28 CET 2018

Dear Kyungnam and Wolfgang,

Kyungnam, thanks for the link, and, Wolfgang, thanks for clarifying that the link actually relates to the interaction of moderators in meta-regression, rather than ANOVA interaction effects.

It had similarly been suggested to me by someone else that I treat the interaction effect as the difference between the two mean difference scores. However, I was – and still am – unsure as to how I can use r to perform the meta-analysis. Does one simply meta-analyse the pairs of mean difference scores in a similar way to the most basic meta-analyses which meta-analyse the differences between pairs of means?

Kind regards,

Iain