[R-meta] Calculate individual SDs from ES's SDs

Cesar Terrer Moreno cesar.terrer at me.com
Mon Feb 26 16:04:45 CET 2018

I currently have a dataset of 300 observations structures as MeanControl, MeanTreated, SEControl, SETreated, Ncontrol, Ntreated, and I calculate ES and VAR through metafor:escalc.

Now, I found a few observations that provide only ES and VAR, which I would like to add to the original dataset.

Obviously I could include these new observations ad-hoc to the post-escalc dataset, but journal suggests providing the raw data  with the above fields as MeanControl, MeanTreated, etc so all observations are in the same format. For this reason, I want to back-transform from ES-VAR to MEAN-SE.