[R-meta] Assessing publication bias from multilevel modelling

Célia Sofia Moreira celiasofiamoreira at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 12:28:39 CET 2018

I appreciate the previous explanations. They are very clear and useful.

Now I have another doubt: since funnel plots do not take into account
dependencies among effect sizes from the same paper, I would like to know
if they are a trusty / recommended method for assessing publication bias
when different papers contribute with a different number of effects in the
meta-analysis. Ultimately, I would like to know if it makes sense to
include funnel plots analysis (and asymmetric tests) in my paper. What is
your opinion?