[R-meta] Open Data: preferred way of publishing

Röver, Christian christian.roever at med.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Feb 5 11:20:01 CET 2018

Hi Moritz,

PLoS Journals request data to be openly available for their
publications, and they list some recommendations (inlcuding suggested
repositories) here:

  http://journals.plos.org/plosone/s/data-availability

In addition, you can check with your local institutional library -- for
example, at our university (Goettingen) the library offers long-term
archiving of data sets, including a DOI, etc.

Regarding the format, I would recommend going for something as simple
as possible, for example, the CSV format (essentially a text file):

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values
  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180

Good luck,

Christian