[R-meta] diagnostic meta-analysis of studies with multiple readers

Mario Petretta petretta at unina.it
Fri Feb 2 19:53:58 CET 2018

Thanks for your kindly replay.
At this time I have 14 studies and 4 of them give information useful to
obtain the number of true-positive, true-negative, false-positive and false
negative for more than one reader (two in two studies and three in the other
two); three  studies  include reproducibility information (Bland Altman
plots or ICC).
For all the four studies with multiple readers, the readers evaluated the
same imaging examination of all study patients, i.e. there was a unique
study for patient but the imaging studies were read independently and
blinded. Thus, sensitivity and specificity vary across the readers.

Among the various possibilities I thought to report the same study several
times in the analysis with the different 2 x 2 tables, but the problem is
how do you take into account that it is for some studies of the same
population (a sort of cluster). I also hypothesize to do, thereafter, a
sensitivity analysis including only the results of the best or worst readers
or the average of the different readers.

Thanks for the attention.
Mario