[R-meta] metafor rma results in table

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 16:35:15 CET 2018

Dear Roberto

I think it is possible to do this but I wonder whether xtable for all
its virtues is suited to this sort of task where you have some highly
structured data and also some oddments. You might find it best to write
your own wrapper which uses Wolfgang's suggestion for the model results
and then concatenate which oddments you want.

Michael

On 30/01/2018 13:38, P. Roberto Bakker wrote:
> Dear Wolfgang,
>
> Thank you for your quick response.
> I will try it out.
> The further elements I put them in forest plot through text(). I would be
> also interesting by xtable. Would be nice if somebody could writte a
> method.
>
> Best,
>
> Roberto

> wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl>:
>
>> Dear Roberto,
>>
>> It depends on what parts of the output you want to put in a table. If you
>> just want the "Model Results" part, then this will work:
>>
>> xtable(coef(summary(res)))
>>
>> where 'res' is an object returned by rma().
>>
>> If you want a table that also includes further elements (e.g., tau^2, the
>> Q-test, I^2, etc.; but where they should they go? As a 'footnote' below the
>> table?), then somebody will have to write a method for xtable that handles
>> rma objects in that manner.
>>
>> Best,
>> Wolfgang

Michael