[R-meta] metafor applicable for non-linear associations?

Wolf, Katrin katrin.wolf2 at fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 1 14:09:43 CET 2018

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for your immediate response!
I'm not sure if I get the difference between the alternatives you mentioned. We expect a non-linear/quadratic association between two variables (effects of duration in early childcare on social-emotional outcomes) and will include all studies that reported results on that association. So is it about a (1) non-linear association between two variables within each study or (2) non-linear association between some outcome and one or more predictor? (I guess the latter)

Thank you very much for your information on rms and its graphic functions - that is very helpful!

Best,
katrin

Message: 4