[R-meta] Quick question about multiple independent samples within one study

Anna-Lena Schubert @nn@-len@@@chubert @ending from p@ychologie@uni-heidelberg@de
Thu Dec 13 09:48:54 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

in my current meta-analysis, I'm looking at a single DV in each study.
However, some studies report multiple samples (e.g., children and
adults). The samples are utterly independent, but the measures used
across samples are equal. Would you suggest that I treat those studies
as correlated in a random-effects model or can I treat them as unrelated
as the samples are independent of each other?

Thanks,

Anna-Lena