[R-meta] weights in forest plot

Antonia Sudkaemper @@@udk@emper @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Aug 24 11:46:54 CEST 2018

Hello Michael and Wolfgang,

thank you very much for your replies!

I changed the height argument and I think that worked, great!

As for addpoly() - the metafor manual only gives an example for a
meta-analysis that was run with rma in R. I did not run the meta-analysis
in R, however, but entered the values manually, and can hence not use the
predict(res) function as suggested? How would I do it in this case? (see
code below)

hedgesg = c(-0.19, 0.10, 0.26, 0.60, 0.25)
sei <- c(.16, .07, .18, .13, .11)
ci.lb <- hedgesg - 1.96*sei
ci.ub <- hedgesg + 1.96*sei
study<-c("1", "2", "3", "4", "5")
labels<-c(-2, -1, 0, 1, 2)

forest(hedgesg, ci.lb=ci.lb, ci.ub=ci.ub, showweights=TRUE, refline=0, xlab
= "Hedges' g", slab=study, alim = c(-2,2), xlim=c(-8,5), at=labels, cex =
0.9)

All the best, Antonia