[R-meta] Categorical moderator analysis - subset or mods?

Alina Böckmann @lin@0302 @ending from hotm@il@de
Fri Aug 10 18:44:19 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I have problems with the evaluation of my moderator hypothesis.
I would like to evaluate a categorical moderator variable with three categories: the development stages "zero", "some" and "considerable experience".

I do not know which of the following functions is the rigth one for my analysis:
- subset  -> one analysis for each of the three moderator categories
- mods= ~factor -1 -> Analysis without intercept
- mods= ~factor -> Analysis with Intercept

I would be very grateful if you would support me on this issue.
Thank you very much.

With kind regards,
Alina B�ckmann