[R-meta] Three-level meta-analysis of response ratios when there is more than one "control group"

Gabriele Midolo gabriele.midolo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:22:28 CEST 2018

 Dear James (all),

Thanks for your ideas, very appreciated.
I understand what you mean, but SLA can be calculated on different species
which are likely to report very different magnitude depending on the
species. Plus I think the ratios calculated with "ROM" should provide a
standardized measure of how much a single species' SLA changes in response
to altitudinal shift, that is what I think might be interesting to measure
in the context of my study.
I am not unkeen to use your option of course, I am just wondering if a
three-level meta-analysis could deal with a type of independency described
above, or it can work with data that share multiple treatment "doses"
compated to a single control...

Gabriele