[R-meta] multilevel meta-analysis using metafor

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Thu Sep 14 21:43:37 CEST 2017

You can specify arbitrary weights in rma.mv() via the 'W' argument (to be precise, one can specify an entire weight matrix, but if one just specifies a vector, then the weight matrix is assumed to be diagonal).

Alternatively, if I am not mistaken, the robumeta package (https://cran.r-project.org/package=robumeta) provides an implementation of the cluster-robust approach along the lines of Hedges, Tipton, and Johnson (2010). So you might want to use that package.