[R-meta] Awkward results while conducting a Meta Analytic Reliability Generalization study by metafor package

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri Oct 27 10:55:39 CEST 2017

For measure="AHW" (and all else equal), the relationship between the transformed values and the standard errors is linear:

k <- 100
ai <- runif(k, .5, .9)
mi <- rep(10, k)
ni <- rep(100, k)

dat <- escalc(measure="AHW", ai=ai, mi=mi, ni=ni)
plot(dat$yi, dat$vi)
plot(dat$yi, sqrt(dat$vi))

And by default, this is the relationship the regression test actually examines.