[R-meta] Subgroup comparison for non-linear meta-regression

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Thu Oct 26 15:12:35 CEST 2017

Dear Mustafa,

Subgrouping and then comparing the estimates across subgroups is in no way more efficient than running the model with the interaction. In fact, if one runs the model with the interaction and allow the amount of heterogeneity to differ across subgroups, then the two approaches are identical. See here:

http://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/tips:comp_two_independent_estimates