[R-meta] Testing of moderators in rma()

James Pustejovsky jepusto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 23:33:38 CEST 2017

When the model includes an intercept term, the omnibus test does *not*
include the intercept. So the null hypothesis is b1 = 0 and b2 =0.

If you fit the model without the intercept, then the equivalent to the
omnibus test from the model with an intercept would be that the average
effect sizes are all equal, as in b1 = b2 = b3.