[R-meta] Meta-analysis Hedges g - comparisons with same placebo

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (SP) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Thu Oct 19 20:42:52 CEST 2017

1) Ni is the total sample size of a study. For multitreatment studies, this is the control group size plus the sizes of the treatment groups.

2) Unfortunately, no. The code given there is specifically for the standardized mean difference (for two or more independent groups). The equations (and hence code) will be different when the outcome measure is the difference between the standardized mean changes for the various groups; I assume you mean something along the lines of:

http://www.metafor-project.org/doku.php/analyses:morris2008